Pages

Sunday 15 March 2015

The Weekend Post: Mum's The Word


Happy Mothers Day everyone! This week I am spending my Sunday making several cups of tea and ushering boxes of chocolates into my mums hands (no change from the usual, but it counts more on Mother's Day, right?)

Other than that, I surprised her with a few things from LUSH's Mothers Day range, which I thought I would share with you because, I'm going to be honest, I wish I bought some of these things for myself!

First off I picked up the Ultraviolet Bubble Bar; made with violet and jasmine absolutes and ylang ylang oil, this product smells of Parma Violets and I imagine would make the bath water look amazing. Then I popped the Mother Superior Bubble Bar in my basket, which I bought mainly because it looked so darn cute, and I knew it would make mum laugh. It contains mimosa absolute, which I have to be honest, doesn't smell incredible, but the novelty of this bubble bar won mum and me over.

After picking up a few bath things, which i thought would be a lot more relaxing and luxurious, my mum is in fact more of a shower person. But as LUSH lack a good range of shower products other than body wash, I opted for the Yummy Mummy Shower Gel. With notes of orange and geranium I knew this would be a delicate yet refreshing gel perfect for a morning wash. And as mum wakes up ridiculously early to get ready for work, I thought this would do just the trick to wake her up.

And lastly, I grabbed a pot of their Bubblegum Lip Scrub, because, well, their lip scrubs are amazing, and as mum and me have a similar skin type (dry/sensitive-combination) and she too always complains about having dry lips, I thought I could show her what she was missing out on.

Enjoy spending time with your family today, and if unfortunately you don't have a mum or mother figure  to share Mother's Day with, allow yourself the day to treat yourself for staying strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment