Pages

Friday 20 February 2015

The Budget Buy: Wash And Blow Dry In A Bottle


Dry shampoo; a lazy girls best friend. Going for more than three days without a shampoo session is a regular occurrence for me lately, so I always rely on a can of the dry stuff to refresh those roots and go. But the bane of my life? That dry, white residue that sits in your scalp, and won't budge no matter how  long you try to brush through it, it still stays put - hello, dandruff look-a-like.

So when my local Superdrug finally started stocking Colab's Dry Shampoos, I didn't hesitate picking a couple up. It struck my attention mainly because it's designed by Ruth Crilly; a total blogger babe, however it's sheer invisible formula was something that was worth a shot. And it works.

I picked up the London fragrance: scented with bergamot, musk and magnolia so with the mix of floral and musky notes it leaves your hair smelling warm, clean and fresh. I find the best way to apply any dry shampoo is to take my hair section by section and then spraying a few inches away from my face, onto my scalp. And the first time I picked up my can of Colab it came to my surprise to see no white patches! As I brushed it through my hair, I could definitely see the product absorbing all grease and oil and it left my hair looking somewhat presentable. 

I also grabbed the Extreme Volume edition in the same fragrance, and I find this worked well after washing and blow drying for a back combed effect, without the tangled hair mess teasing leaves you with. So at £3.49 a can (£4.49 each for the extreme volume range) for perfect third day hair every time, and reducing my frequency of bad hair days, I think this is definitely my best budget buy for quite some time...

No comments:

Post a Comment