Pages

Monday 29 September 2014

The Lip Lacquer Edit




Ah, the lip lacquer; a new beauty venture that began a couple of years ago...and I am only just jumping on the bandwagon. Oh how I have missed out! I haven't bought an actual lipstick in months, and my makeup drawers are now full to the brim with balm sticks, stains and lacquers.

So for today's post I have picked my favourite lip lacquers fit for purpose. But before I begin, I apologise for any rash (but necessary) purchases I induce after you have read is article. You have been warned.

The one for a bold lip
If I could marry a lip product, the Bourjois Velevet Rouge Lip Lacquer would be my lover! The formula is butter smooth, but this soon dries as a thick, matte colour on your lips. And then it will last all day. No cliches here, even after the messiest of meals the colour does not budge. With all of these factors, this lippie produces the perfect bold lip. The orange-red shade 'Hot Pepper' and the deep blue-red 'Grand Cru' are my current favourites for the autumn season, however the selection of bright pinks are on point for a spring and summer pout. 

The one for any time, any place 
I may of 'eep'ed a little when I heard the Maybelline Colour Elixirs had arrived along the aisles of my local Boots, and as predicted I belted my way down there to pick up a few shades. Like the Velvet Rouge Lacquers, the texture is so buttery, and the smell is amazing. Think warm toffee popcorn. And even with a thick, buttery finish, the formula is surprisingly long lasting. Not quite the same as the Bourjois balms, but equally as impressive. No other shade in the range can beat 'Raspberry Rhapsody' which is, unlike the name would suggest, a dark pink with mauve undertones, however I enjoy the pink true to its name 'Fuschia Flourish'. Both shades totally wearable and an any occasion go-to.

The one for a night on the town
For a night out, I look for an easy to apply option, to make sure I spend as little time as possible in the overcrowded ladies toilets at clubs, and a photo ready pout; so a bright colour that packs a lot of punch. And for me the Revlon Colourstay Lacquer Balm fit that bill for me. I only own one shade, the raspberry pink 'Provacetuer' and it is my go to for brightening my typically all-black ensembles. However I plan to pick up the purple toned pink 'Whimsical' and the sheer red 'Flirtatious' on future trips to boots when I am feeling spendy.

Tell me if you have surrendered to the lip lacquer, or if I have induced any purchases of these products...

No comments:

Post a Comment