Pages

Friday 1 August 2014

Jacob's Coffee House, Bath








It's no secret that I love coffee. So when my parents offered me a lift into the beautiful city of Bath; somewhere I visited countless times, but definitely more for rugby matches than shopping or mooching, i took prime opportunity of taking some time on TripAdvisor the night before to find the best independent cafés in the centre. Let's face it - I am a coffee snob...

The cafe is tucked away on a corner of Cheap Street - one of the main shopping streets in the city. The cosy size and rustic interior invited me in, but it's polished overall look convinced me that this could be a damn good cup of coffee. I usually take my coffee black, but over the summer I find myself falling for an iced soy latte, and I was very pleased to hear not only that they carried soy, but there wasn't an extra charge. Win win! 

I perched myself on a bench outside of the cosy cafe, as the weather was sunny and the view of the Abbey was too pretty to miss. Plus it was incredibly busy in their upstairs seating, so I am assured the cafe is a local favourite as well as a TripAdvisor tourist hotspot. However I noticed the temperature had risen about 10 degrees as I climbed the stairs, so perhaps if it were cooler I would of waited for a seat on the top decks.

The most important factor was the coffee, of course, and it did not disappoint. The milk was light and smooth, not the tangy, and sometimes the almost gone-off, taste that some other soy milks have. I should of asked what brand they carry to bring the Jacob's taste back home with me! The espresso was just how I like it too, strong but not too bitter.

So thanks Jacob's for a great coffee, but I wouldn't visit you on a humid rainy day - as either sitting in the rain or the hot just, well, doesn't sound hot!

Until the next post,

Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment