Pages

Thursday 16 July 2015

For Beachin' Hair


Summer is here! And what better way to channel those boho vibes than with multiples braids and wavy locks, right? My hair is naturally wavy, but also very thick, which weigh them down, turning my post-wash bouncy do into a flat, frizzy mess. Here are a few of my favourite products to fight all that summer throws at our hair; from frizz to tangles - come at me, Mother Nature.

With any beauty routine, I start with a clean slate. My standard The Body Shop Banana Shampoo and Conditioner duo (£4 each) works wonders to combat frizz, cleaning and comdiitoning the hair without weighing it down. However recently I've discovered the shampoo and conditioner from John Freida's Beach Blonde range (£7 each), which do all of the above and leave hair even more weightless and bouncy than my TBS go-tos. Perfect for beachy locks.

However after using a clarifying shampoo can sometimes strip away moisture, the same effect salt water has on your hair, so keeping it nourished and conditioned is key. On most days, I add several squirts of OGX's Argan Oil of Morrocco Penetrating Oil (£7), working directly on strengthening and nourishing hair follicles. However after a day at the sea, or the bottled version sans my shampoo, a large scoop of Vita Coco's Coconut Oil (£6), or any solid, natural oil can be used as a deep conditioner to add natural shine and bounce to your do. Alternatively, before you shower, a generous amount of LUSH's H'Suan Wen Hua Hair Mask (£9.75) can be left for 30 minutes before washing off to improve overall hair condition. But warning, this stuff smells rather funky...

For beachin' hair, I keep styling to a minimum, but before blow drying, adding several spritzes of John Freida's Beach Blonde Sea Salt Spray (£7) creates a more defined look for my lacklustre wavy hair. And unlike normal salt sprays, you're left without that crispy feeling when your hair is dry, which is a look you want to avoid. Knotty hair, no thank you.

Heading to any beach destinations this summer? Let me know in the comments or tweet me, I would love to hear your favourite seaside spots! And if there's any room in your suitcase, perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment