Pages

Wednesday 5 November 2014

The Weekend Post: A Day in Pompey





Happy Sunday everyone; to say today is my only day off at the moment is a loose term: paperwork from the office to tuck into is now a common occurrence, and that personal statement won't write itself, although I really wish it could...

Today's post is a look back on a couple of Saturday's ago, where I booked the day off from my Saturday job and took an early morning journey to Portsmouth, for my third and final university open day of the season. If you keep an eye on my Instagram @deskpartiesyou may already know I have visited both Winchester and my first choice campus; Cardiff in the last couple of months. Now although I already have my heart set on the campus of the Welsh capital, the entry requirements are tough, so Portsmouth is my now firm second, and therefore most important choice. Don't get me wrong, I have faith in myself to be the grades I need for the course at Cardiff, but nevertheless my mum and me visited Portsmouth (or Pompey, as the locals call it) to take a look at the campus and city in its full glory. 

The city is actually bigger than I expected! And the campus expands across the relatively large city centre, but despite being a large campus, everything was very accessible. 

After attending 3 lectures we made our way into Gunwharf Quays, which as a girl from the West, I couldnt help but don it 'the Southgate (in Bath) of Portsmouth'. In short: quite upmarket, but very nice for window shopping. We didn't venture to the high street, but I am sure the H&M and Boots would be of a size to my standards! We then refuelled in Jamie's Italian: we ate too much pasta, and drank too much lemonade, so it made sense to top that off with a coffee afterwards...

I'm upset that open day season is over; now application deadline is closing nearer and things start getting pretty real, pretty soon. I'm sure a copious amount of coffees will be consumed and several all nighters will be pulled sorting everything from UCAS references to housing applications, but in the end everything's very exciting and hopeful for me at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment